Thanks Hugh.  I knew it was natural, but couldn't remember exactly what it was.

Mark
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hugh Thomas
  To: Apple-crop discussion list
  Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [apple-crop] Peach question

  see this: "It is called callus tissue (undifferentiated cells).  It is not a
fungus, bacteria or other type of disease. It is naturally occurring, and it is
not harmful.  It can be safely eaten along with the rest of the peach."
http://www.clemson.edu/extension/peach/faq/what_is_the_whitish_tissue_that_sometimes_appears_inside_a_peach_near_the_pit.html