Hi,

On Sonntag, 5. Oktober 2008, Andreas Köhler wrote:
[...]
> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 15:24 +0200, Martin Preuss wrote:
> > Hi agan,
>
> que? ;-)
[...]

Curious, it was just yesterday when I watched Fawlty Towers ;-))

[...]
> I stopped building libtool 1.5.22 and starting using the build machine's
> installation of libtool 2.2.6.  AC_LIBTOOL_RC did not search for windres
> anymore and so RC was unset.  After changing it to LT_PROG_RC everything
> compiled(!) smoothly again.  I have no clue what version of libtool
> introduced that macro and whether it is legal to use it, though.
[...]

Hmm, I have 1.5.26 here (Ubuntu 8.04.1), and at least with that version wndres
ist searched for... Why the heck did they change the behaviour of
AC_LIBTOOL_RC?? What else is this macro expected to do if it doesn't look for
wndres when cross-compiling for WIN32 platforms??

I never heard of LT_PROG_RC, though. If you find something out please let me
know...

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/