I know Georgists support land taxes (or community collection of rent, if you
prefer) to fund services.  That is one of my central points of disagreement.

Ideally, taxes should be eliminated altogether.  Every service should be
funded by those who use it, with user-fees assessed pro rata according to
the real cost imposed on the system.  By funding services out of general
revenue, we break the market price system's feedback link that tells the
consumer the real cost of what he consumes, and lets him adjust his level of
consumption on the basis of the price signal.  I suspect that there are very
few (if any) true "public goods," that cannot be "internalized" and paid for
entirely by those who use them.