Kevin Carson wrote:

> For an occupant, the incentive to build on one's own land would be the same
> as always.  Since there would be no restriction on the right of the actual
> occupier of a piece of land to charge a price before quitting it

Does "quitting" have to mean "selling full title"?  It sounds like it
rules out leaving but renting to the next occupant.  The upshot is that
only people who can afford to buy property outright in full can use it.
Capital markets can partly solve that problem, but a big problem
remains. Or do I misunderstand your remarks about slum occupants taking
over their buildings, etc?

, it would