On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Georg Grabler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does the link that Jonathan supplied you work? If not, please let me know.

Did you install MinGW to compile ARSperl or did you install it for
another reason? In my experience, you can compile ARSperl with any
recent Microsoft Visual Studio version plus the Microsoft Platform
API. The only thing I discovered is that in order to run it on any
Windows PC (with or without Visual Studio installed) you should
compile it with Visual Studio 6, which is the same version that
ActiveState used to compile perl. Of course, this only holds true if
you use ActiveState perl on Windows. This is the reason I created the
binary package.

> Also, we need version 1.91 of arsperl, not 1.90, since there was a nasty bug
> fixed with ars_APIVersion().

The only issue with ars_APIVersion fixed was that I changed it to use
AR_CURRENT_API_VERSION
rather than AR_EXPORT_VERSION so the version level that comes now
matches the Minimum-Api-Version setting in ar.conf. This was a bug,
formally, but you can run ARSperl scripts without ANY issues;
ars_APIVersion is a call that your script most probably does not even
use. And if you want to patch 1.90 yourself, that's pretty straight
forward:

* Open the file ARS.xs
* Look for the text 'ars_APIVersion'
* Change RETVAL = AR_EXPORT_VERSION to RETVAL = AR_CURRENT_API_VERSION

Please let me know if you succeeded, and if you ended up compiling
your own or using the pre-compiled package.

Kind regards,
--
Michiel Beijen
Software Consultant