which is unicode ready(and the remedy server works, as I can store utf8 data
via other means).

I tried setting the "lang" parameter in ars_Login function to
UTF-8/utf8/en_US/en_US.utf8 and a few other combinations, but it doesn't
seem to matter- when I look via gdb, the actual value for charset in the
ARControlStruct->localeInfo is always "WESTERN".

The module was built against 7.01 api with all the unicode libs in place
(libicuucbmc, libicudatabmc, etc..). Any pointers/suggestions are sincerely
appreciated.

thanks,
~H