Steve,

A way that we did it was to create an encrypted file which contained the
connection info. It could be a single file, similar to an SSH's known_hosts
file. For our application we had multiple files, one for each server/username
combination. It was probably not the most efficient, but with the time I had to
invest in it, it worked well.

The code had only two direct interfaces (read and write) and a few supporting
subroutines (login and generate). By passing the server and username to the
login subroutine, the correct file was opened, the encrypted data was read in,
decrypted, and then passed to ars_Login.

The benefit is that individual users could generate encrypted files and use
their own ARS login to get tasks done without the need for a single login which
reduces traceability.

HTH,

Mark Vaughan

RSP