        From: Steve McDonald [mailto:steve_mcdon...@choicehotels.com]
        Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:37 AM
        To: arsperl-users@arsperl.org
        Subject: [Arsperl-users] Best Practices Question

        Good day all!

        Like most programmers, I like to write code that is as portable
across my dev/qa/production environments as possible.  I've played with
passing arguments in workflow as well as reading control records located
on each server and each have their pluses and minuses.  How have you all
handled this in your environments when supplying the
servername/username/password/misc for the code you write?  Is there a
better way I've overlooked?

        Solaris 10
        Informix 10
        ARSystem 7.1