Another method is to embed the control records for all environments in the
code, keyed to a server specific value that you can access, like hostname
or IP address.  This can make deployment much easier, as it reduces the
need to coordinate control records on the servers and the need to change
the workflow arguments.

For more security (since you are embedding your passwords in a text file),
encrypt the values and pass in the encryption key (which could be the same
for each server) as a parameter as you are doing with the login
information now.  When the process runs, decrypt each value, use it, then
drop the variables.

Kelly Logan

Senior Remedy Developer

Cybernetic Solutions, <http://www.cybersolution.us/>  Inc.