Hi!
Problem is solved.
Yes - it was problem with environment settings.

The first step to solve this problem was to find out the way to
reproduce the problem. Testing by scheduling command execution via
crontab is no for me. I'm to impatient ;-)

To run this command with cleared environment settings I used:
env -i ./ARSperl-report.sh

And it reproduced problem.

Then, step by step, I was checking which variable has to be set, to
allow successful ARSperl script execution.
The missing one was:
declare -x LANG="en_US.utf8"

Now everything works perfect. Thanks for your suggestions!
--
petee