Tim,

> Thanks for that. I have fixed that and I hope to get that in the development
> version in the next few days.

Thank you!

> However, there is still a problem that has been mentioned before on the list
> in that Artemis does not yet take into account column 1 in GFF3 (the "ID of
> the landmark used to establish the coordinate system"). This means feature
> positions that are not on the first sequence are wrong. I hope to get this
> fixed soon as well.

Excellent - I was going to bring up this issue myself, but you saved
me the trouble of researching it.

Will Artemis be able to show ALL the sequences side by side with
corresponding annotations in this case?
And have separate origin / coordinate systems for each one?
Or will it just load the first one?
This would be extremely useful for view GFF3 contig files (multiple
contigs in one .gff3 file).

I know when I load a multi Fasta file it shows all the sequences side
by side with fasta_record features, but they share a coordinate
system.
If I load a multi Genbank/EMBL file (concatenated records), it only
loads the first one.

I guess the + features.tab/gff overlay entry feature gets complicated
unless you can determine the target sequence...

--
--Torsten Seemann
--Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Dept. Microbiology, Monash