Tim,

> You could open up the EMBL file and select all CDS features. Then from the
> File menu -> Write -> Amino Acids of Selected Features to Qualifier. This
> will add the /translation qualifier to the selected features. You can then
> save that out.

Wow - I learn a new feature of Artemis every week! (even after 7 years
of part time use)

Related question 1 - is there any option to output them with the first
amino acid changed to "M" (Met) as is true for most bacterial proteins
?

Related question 2 - will the EMBL file Stefanie creates via GFF+Fasta
have a valid parseable EMBL header (the first line) ?

--Torsten Seemann
--Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Dept. Microbiology, Monash
University, AUSTRALIA