Hi

There are some useful examples on how to parse the output here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/artemis-users@sanger.ac.uk/msg00487.html

You can get the selected sequence either by going to the View menu and
clicking the 'Bases of Selection as FASTA', or from the File menu under the
'Write' option you can write out the bases of selection.

Regards
Tim