Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Assam] DEMOCRACY HARMING INDIA: LYNGDOH

Merry Christmas Rajen!

May Peace reign on earth!

And thus I start the morning of this auspicious day although it is gloomy outside in St. Louis with the forecast of a slight chance at snow.

To set things straight, I did not wish to put you in a spot by asking for a bearing on your position/s.

I raised the issue only because you picked out a bunch of names whose views you denigrate with while denying any intent to club them together, but raising the issue of a VOID in the 'middle'--thus implying the rest are extremists.

Under the circumstances reasonable people, not to mention extremists, could suspect you might be a one of the wise ones holding moderate views for countering the ills of 'democracy' as Lyngdoh sees them. Your dedication to democratic values, worn not only on your shirt-sleeves, but other positions in plain sight as well, could not be missed by any netter but the legally blind. It was therefore a surprise to see your endorsement of Lyngdoh's 'intellectual' outburst against 'democracy' in India.

I am sure I was not alone in wondering if we are speaking the same language.

But I shall not harass you any more. You explained things clearly as mud.

Take care,

c :-)

PS: BTW, what is Sumanta's sin? He is a nephew you know, son of a first cousin? You may not know this yet, but he is the newly appointed Editor of Dainik Asom. He joins yet another Mahanta of Namti, Manjit, another son of a first cousin, who also is the Editor of Asomiya Pratidin. You moderate and wise democratic guys in the middle are surrounded by this tribe of Pol- Pot wanna-be's and extremists  or what :-)?

At 12:46 PM -0600 12/24/05, Barua25 wrote:
>Philosophy is a fascinating subject. I don't denigrate it. But right this instance we have little use for it in these discussions. "Jwre >puri haat paalehi" -- time to do something wouldn't you think?

Philosophy, as well as history, are important in the fight in order to know the enemy.
Almost hundred years ago, Ambika Giri RaiChoudhury also told the same thing: "Jwre puri haat paalehi, time to do something. Oxom morile amiw morim" .
In 79 Assam Gono Andwlon also Assamese said the same thing: "Jwre puri haat paalehi--time to do something. Oxom morile amiw morim"
Today also Sumanta Chaliha and his 'jatiotabadis' are telling the same thing: "Jwre puri haat paalehi-time to do something.Oxom morile amiw morim"
Chandan Mahanta is also telling the same thing: "Jwre puri haat paalehi--time to do something"

But unless you know what is the right thing to do, you will be simply loosing 25 years this way, another 25 years that way.

Communism,  as proposed by the Mahantas,  is definitely not the solution.
Hatred of India, as proposed by the Mahnats, is not the solution.
Doom for India, as proposed by the Mahantas, is not the solution.

This I learnt from my lessons in philosophy and history.

Quicker you guys realize that the better.

I don't have any intention to loose another 25 years spending in arguments on the wrong debate.

I have better things to do with people
who donot hate India,
who are against Communism,
who are for freedom of the individual,
who are against slogans
who want to find the solution based on rational analysis.

RB