I am not convinced of that Dilip. Take the case of Todd Akin. Akin has been the
unchallenged rep. of one of the most affluent area of St. Louis County for
years and years. Such affluence do not come from know-nothings. Do his
constituency not know of his views? They do. But they subscribe to them. Even
after his 'rape' comments they voted for him overwhelmingly. So it is not as
benign as it may seem. It does matter.

It was voters from outside Akin's usual constituency that finally ousted him.
Someone I read characterized it as the Icarus syndrome, flying too close to the
sun.