I am addressing this to all but through Manoj's mail as he is my friend.
I just caught on to this topic and have not read all of it.

We have our IKONS but do we encourage or propagate them among ourselves in
order to create an image for the coming generations.Lets us introspect.We
normally criticize or try and find anomalies in their road to success with a
tinge of jealosy;but that is our genre.

We are all aware of the handicaps, hardships and the labelled environment we
grow up in and anyone who overcomes these to shine in National or International
stature of substance are our HEROES of today.

Look at Zubin,Arnab,Sanjoy,Saleh... the boy who has been recognized as an
International prospect. I am sure there are many more unsung achievers in India
and abroad.We in the Northeast are embarassed to propogate our achievements,
whereas in other parts of the world even a rat-killer flaunts about his
distinction.

So,get out and find our heroes and make them our IKONS our Brand Ambassadors
for tomorrow's generation.