John Brown (CV) wrote:

right, adding HTTPS and HTTP to the boot loader would cause that
to inflate and possibly be to big to deal with.

True..

so enable tftp and put a couple of ipfw statements on the box
to limit who can tftp from/to you.

Could be made to work but most IP's are dynamic..

when tftp says it provides little security, that should really
say  tftp provides little to no authentication, ie it doesn't
ask for a uid/pwd.

Also true..

http is a bad idea imho.  I don't want to have to carry around
a web server on my laptop, or have to have my customers config
a web server to deal with updating their phone.

I would think setting up a web server would be easier than setting up a tftp server.. but thats just my opinion..

Later..