On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:36:21AM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was tasked to install Asterisk 13.16.0. from source on a CentOS7 platform.
>
> For that purpose, I used an unmaintened script of mine, written 10 monthes
> ago, and I was surprised to get segmentation violations whenever I ran
> "asterisk -cvvvvvvv -U asterisk".
>
> Usually, my /etc/asterisk/modules.conf file includes "autoload=yes" setting.
>
> Basically, I see two alternative methods:
>
> 1. leave "autoload=yes and remove modules one by one in modules.conf.
> When segmentation violations stops, then focus on latest disabled module.

Never a good idea. Disable half for starters. Then disable/enable half
of the remaining, etc.

> 2.set  "autoload=no and add modules one by one in modules.conf.
> When segmentation violations starts, then focus on latest enabled module.

3. strace -eopen asterisk -U asterisk -c

IIRC the message that Asterisk prints for loading a module is only
printed after the module is loaded, and hence you need strace.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.co...@xorcom.com