On Monday 15 June 2020 at 21:50:36, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Am 15.06.2020 um 21:28 schrieb Antony Stone:
> > On Monday 15 June 2020 at 21:19:51, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> >> But I'm not really sure, that Asterisk could be the problem, since, as I
> >> said, the problem happens even if I connect the phone direct to the
> >> server of Telekom...
> >
> > I think that is significant, even if the routing is still going through
> > the Banana.
>
> What do you mean? In which sense this is "significant"?

Because if/when the Thomson is registered directly to DT, then Asterisk is not
doing anything on the Banana.

The fact that you get the problem with the Thomson registered directly to DT,
but with the traffic still going through the Banana, indicates to me that
"Asterisk running on the Banana" is not the problem.

> > Can you get the full 50Mbps through the Banana when you're doing a
> > download of something biggish?
>
> What do you mean now? If I can use the full available band or if I can
> download exactly 50Mbs?

I don't see the difference - I'm asking whether the Banana can manage to route
50Mbps of traffic.

> The answer to the first question is: YES! That's why I use a traffic
> shaper... ;)

So, you're saying that your Banana Pi *can* provide the full 50Mbps throughput
if you don't enable the traffic shaper?

> The answer to the second question is: NO. I made a speedtest right now
> and I get only ~18Mbps download.

So, is it the traffic shaper which is imposing this limit?

> >> Last but not least: I tried calls via Skype and WhatsApp (with my phone
> >> in my WLAN). No problem and very good quality, so the BananaPI does not
> >> have any problem to manage the data transfer, isn't it?
> >
> > The big difference there, though, is that Asterisk (running on the
> > Banana) is not handling the call, so you have the traffic being routed
> > through the Banana, but Asterisk is not being asked to do anything with
> > it in the middle.
>
> Yes, and the voice quality is excellent, but *just* if I'm *not* using
> DT... As soon as I use DT (configuring the phone to connect directly to
> the server) both partners can hear the "interruptions"...

Right.

I'm very much agreeing with you here, that DT appears to be the problem, and I
think Jeff's suggestion / offer to capture the audio data and do an analysis on
it would likely show that.

Just one suggestion regarding that: I recommend doing two packet captures; one
with Asterisk registered to DT and the Thomson registered to Asterisk, and the
other with the Thomson registered to DT but the traffic still going through the
Banana.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Someone has stolen all the toilets from New Scotland Yard.  Police say they
have absolutely nothing to go on.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.