On 6/15/20 2:19 PM, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
Am 15.06.2020 um 20:15 schrieb Jeff LaCoursiere:

Hi Jeff,

We are working on a product to analyze pcap files of VoIP calls.  So far
it does a reasonable job of analyzing the frequency distribution of
packets in both directions, pointing out which direction packet loss /
bad jitter occurs.  If you can trap the traffic on the outside and the
inside of your Banana Pi and send me the pcap files, I would be happy to
run it through our analyzer as further information for you.  If it shows
DTK isn't sending packets when it should, that will be obvious, and you
can send to them as solid evidence of their guilt :)
Thank you for your offer.
Could you say me which options I should pass to tcpdump to get all
information you need?
Yes, sure, please use (replace with correct interface names):

   sudo tcpdump -i eth0 -s 0 -w /tmp/test0.pcap &
   sudo tcpdump -i eth1 -s 0 -w /tmp/test1.pcap &

Try to limit the traffic to just your phone call tests (to reduce the size of the capture files).  Make all your tests, then:

   sudo killall tcpdump
   tar cvzf /tmp/tests.tgz /tmp/test?.pcap

Send /tmp/tests.tgz to me by email, or leave somewhere I can download.  I'll run the analysis tonight and send the results to the list.

Cheers,

--

        *Jeff LaCoursiere*
STRATUSTALK, INC. / CTO