On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 9:11 AM Antony Stone <
antony.st...@asterisk.open.source.it> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have a dialplan which calls the VoiceMail() application, and I'm getting
> the
> following behaviour:
>
>  - if the inbound caller leaves a message, then presses #, and then
> presses 1
> to accept the recording, everything works as expected and the dialplan
> continues processing after the line containing VoiceMail()
>
>  - if the inbound caller leaves a message and then hangs up, the diaplan
> simply stops executing with a message such as:
>
> [2022-10-03 13:02:23.355976] pbx VERBOSE[19022][C-00000556]: pbx.c:4413 in
> __ast_pbx_run: Spawn extension (RecordVM, 00xx74xx88xx90, 2) exited
> non-zero
> on 'SIP/TrunkOne-00000c12'
>
> The subsequent commands in the dialplan do not get processed.

This is fundamentally how dialplan works. If a channel hangs up, then
normal dialplan execution stops.

> Can anyone suggest either why this would happen and how to get the
> dialplan to
> continue processing under all circumstances, or at least how to
> investigate
> futher what is causing this to happen?
>
> I'm sure that leaving a message and hanging up the call should be valid
> because that's what the default greeting message tells people they can do.

It is. If you're needing to do something afterwards, then the 'h' extension
or hangup handlers are used to execute logic when the channel is hung up.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead