Thank you Joshua.

I’m not very good at networking.  We have a couple people who manage that and
they were the ones who configured the boxes to use an external STUN server for
all 4 systems that experienced problems accessing this STUN server at the same
time.

When all the boxes encountered the problem, each one was stuck in the stun
timeout.
My understanding is 3 customers reported the problem and we rebooted the
Asterisk VM.  (They service engineer did not understand he could have forced an
rtp.conf reload and it should have fixed the STUN issue).  After each of these
VMs were reset, everything worked.

The fourth customer didn’t report an issue for 8 hours.  (Agents who would have
been busy apparently notified no one to the issue).
When this VM was reset, it also started working again.  If I understand
correctly, this is a good indication the DNS sent a TTL longer than 8 hours.

I was told they ran a test and the DNS server was indicating the TTL was 120
seconds (but this was 2 days after the issue).  I wonder if the AWS DNS had a
hiccup and sent a TTL of 24 hours, but then either self-corrected or was
manually corrected for the TTL we require.

Going back to your idea of the ice_host_candidates.  (Again, apologize for my
ignorance on networking).
Do I understand correctly? We could use this formula for systems that have no
one accessing the (where 192.168.1.10 is the internal IP) and 1.2.3.4 is the
NAT’s public IP for Asterisk?

192.168.1.10 => 1.2.3.4,include_local_address

Using this, would we no longer need the stunaddr configured?

Dan