Thank you Joshua!!!!

The networking guys did this change on a test box and their jaws dropped to the
floor when it did exactly as you explained.

From: asterisk-users <asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com> On Behalf Of
Joshua C. Colp
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2023 9:22 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [External] [asterisk-users] [External] Asterisk rtp.conf stunaddr
setting - what happens if there is an outage

On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 11:18 AM Dan Cropp
<d...@amtelco.com<mailto:d...@amtelco.com>> wrote:
Thank you Joshua.

<snip>

Going back to your idea of the ice_host_candidates.  (Again, apologize for my
ignorance on networking).
Do I understand correctly? We could use this formula for systems that have no
one accessing the (where 192.168.1.10 is the internal IP) and 1.2.3.4 is the
NAT’s public IP for Asterisk?

192.168.1.10 => 1.2.3.4,include_local_address

Using this, would we no longer need the stunaddr configured?

You don't need the include_local_address option but otherwise yes. This will
cause the ICE host candidates to be 1.2.3.4 instead of the local IP address
192.168.1.10 removing the need to use STUN to discover the public IP address.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead