Hi Philip

thanks for your reply.  I have a couple of further questions if that is OK.

1. I assume these changes need to be made in /rtc/rc.conf?

2. I currently have eth0 bound the external interface which plugged into the
old hub; i.e.

EXTIF="eth0"
EXTIP="192.168.0.124"
EXTGW="192.168.0.1"
EXTNM="255.255.255.0"

and none of the INT settings are currently being used

INTIF=""
INTIP=""
INTNM="255.255.255.0"
INT2IF=""
INT2IP=""
INT2NM="255.255.255.0"
INT3IF=""
INT3IP=""
INT3NM="255.255.255.0"

If I make the change you recommend, what should the EXT settings be set to?

3.  If your suggestion allows me to plug two voip phones in (using eth0 and
eth1) , and I wanted later to plug four phones in (using all four eth
ports); what settings would I need to make?

Many thanks for your time.

regards
Mart