If you decide to follow in my footsteps and go with Arch Linux, make
sure you attemtp to install the bootloader/grub.  If you skip it, then
the boot hangs on the 3rd partition for some reason, so you have to
attempt to install the bootloader at time of install, and it will
fail, but that fixes the problem for whatever reason.  I attempted to
install it in two places "sda" and "sda4", "sda" is the root of the
whole drive, and "sda4" was my boot partition, but even if you go
without a boot partition, attempt to do it for your root partition.  I
am not sure whether it was "sda" or "sda4" that fixed it, but one of
them did.  Do not worry about it saying that it failed the grub
install, because it will still fix your problem.

~Dave