Hi Hongyi,

>> > I see, due to auctex has already been installed, I must test it as follows:
>>
>> > emacs -Q
>> > M-x package-reinstall RET auctex RET
>>
>> > Open a tex file, and `M-: (setq LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace t) RET'
>>
>> > Then test the problem discussed here.
>>
>> > See the attached screenshot for the results.
>>
>> What's wrong? It seems to me that it works as you expected. The round
>> parens appear in pair in the screenshot.

> You've said:

> Is that buffer in AUCTeX latex mode? I suspect that it's in emacs
> built-in latex mode due to '-Q' option.

> But I've confirmed that the buffer is really in AUCTeX latex mode, as
> indicated by the AUCTeX menu bars and the following info given by `C-h
> v major-mode RET`:

Sorry, I still don't see your points. If I understand correctly,
1. Previously, "emacs -Q" session resulted in built-in latex mode and
   `LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace' wasn't effective. You typed "(" but
   emacs didn't complete it to "()".
2. Now you have enabled AUCTeX latex mode even in "emacs -Q" session and
   AUCTeX responds to `LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace'. You typed "("
   and got "()" as expected.
Then what's wrong?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita