> On Thu, Sep 28 2023 at 12:15 -03, Marcelo Laia wrote:
>> Hi Ikumi,
>>
>> Thank you so much!
>>
>> I filled a bug on Debian Bug Tracking.
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1053161

> Install from ELPA?

Agreed. It seems that Debian's package for AUCTeX is much old, looking
at these headers:
Package: auctex
Version: 12.2-1  <--
Severity: normal

I guess Debian auctex package isn't maintained now.

Marcelo, I recommend to switch from Debian auctex package to ELPA auctex
package.

1. Uninstall (delete) the current Debian auctex package. I supoose that
   Debian has a standard prescription for uninstalling a specific
   package. Follow that.
2. Restart your emacs session just in case for spurious trouble.
3. Make sure that you don't have ELPA auctex package yet. To confirm,
   type
   M-x list-packages RET
   and wait for a minute. Emacs displays a list of ELPA packages and
   updates it in the background process. It would take a minute or so to
   complete the updating under standard broadband internet connection.
   After updating, type
   / n auctex RET
   to see packages of name containing "auctex". I expect the Status of
   the package "auctex" is "available". (If it isn't, don't proceed
   further and tell us the detail.)
4. When the status of the package "auctex" is "available", type
   i x
   on the line "auctex" is. Then installing from ELPA would begin. After
   another few minutes, it would complete. Then it's ready.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine