> If I had music playing I would lose the functionality of my audio altimeter.

Worse, I have a vario tone for my phone's ring tone which is also on
my iPod. Imagine not knowing if it was your phone, vario or iPod going
off!

Also, if your vario and flarm have the voice module and talk to you,
it could get downright confusing. And if you have an SLG, the
noisometer would give many false readings.

No music for me, I'd rather listen to my own thoughts and the music of
the glider… in spite of the fact that it has been proven through
research that listening to familiar music (mainly rock) can actually
sharpen your concentration when doing things like homework. We don't
stop workers listening to music when doing things like programming.

I have enough problems with the battery drain from my 12 volt espresso
machine without connecting up any more in-flight electrical gadgets
and a stiff short black keeps one awake more than music.