We used to listen to Sony Walkman's while beating up the Lochiel ridge in the
80's to early 90's.  Top Gun themes and various classics where the choice (Ride
of the Valkyries, 1812, Thus Spake Zarathustra etc)

No need to hear thermal gusts  - just slalom amongst the hang gliders and avoid
the eagles while dogfighting with other gliders in your mighty Bergfalke, Arrow
or Boomerang ;).

-Cath