  From: tom claffey
  To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
  Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 7:46 PM
  Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Music while flying?

        Hi Garry,
        Top comp pilots are focused on finding lift and want no distractions.
        It is all about finding and using energy in the sky.
        As Bruce said, you can actually hear the core of a thermal if you try
hard enough!
        I enjoy gliding too much to waste energy on music, I leave that to car
driving which I enjoy less than gliding and am not trying to be competitive
with.
        Then again I am not really into music much.
        Tom