Paul,
Greetings.

Your comment might be true, but it is meaningless in the present context.

>From your statement I suspect that you have not flown a PW 5 for 100 hours or
>so, and probably not even for 1 hour.

We are talking quite different orders of (REDUCED), magnitude of performance
here compared to LS 8 or even LS 4, or your own SZD 55.

You might be somewhat surprised at just how many hours Allan now has in a LS 8.
I don't know either, but my guess is well over 100 hours maybe closer to 150
hrs. More than enough anyway, to be rated as competent, and competitive on type.

Genuine, experienced, PW 5 drivers at World level, understand every nuance of
their ship and the air they are flying in and react accordingly.Just in case
you are missing the point that I made in line 3 above, they have to react quite
differently to a LS 4 (or LS 8), driver.

Allan is a great pilot, but I repeat, he is at a huge disadvantage. I
understand that he may have less than 5 hours on type (PW 5).

Think about it!

I certainly hope that Allan can put in a great performance, and meet (or
exceed), the goals that he has set for himself in the upcoming comp.

Which leads me to ask; "How are you going on meeting your own goals?"

Regards,
Gary