I spoke with a Brit in 2010 after the SK worlds, he travels to Argentina every
year for a gliding holiday - Every time he said was an expensive exercise. Once
he said that he went to the extent of getting an empty Argentinian registered
trailer, with an Argentinian driver & car to drive North, where he would put
his glider in, & it'd be driven back South. This guy then flew there, hoping
for delivery. Sadly, the border corruption was still there, & he was forced to
pay up like every other time.

He went on to say that they'd just make up 'official' documents on the spot
that needed to be filled in, with the appropriate paper bag with cash handed in
under the table - otherwise, the process didn't progress. He put it in his
budget, crazy stuff!

He predicted in 2010 that it'll be a small field, as 1/2 gliders that were
planned to be imported wouldn't make their arrival until mid-comp (through no
fault of their own) & the PW5 class wouldn't be big enough (min 10?) to even
qualify it as a valid comp. Therefor no WC even declared.

Let's hope he was B.S.ing me..

Cheers,
WPP