Hi all,

I am currently trying to get ASP.Net working with ADAM (which is the
lightweight Active Directory for Applications) on a Windows XP SP3 machine. I
have configured ASP.Net membership and role providers in the web.config file. I
have opened up the ASP.Net web administration tool. I can successfully create a
user (using the wizard) and create roles. The roles are turning up in the
Authorization Manager, and the users are turning up in ADAM, which I can see
using ADSI Edit. But when the administration tool attempts to add a user to a
role, it causes an exception.

The reason for the exception, I believe, is that there appears to be no way for
the user to be identified within the Authorization Manager, so the user can’t
actually be added to the role there. I currently can’t go into the
Authorization Manager and manually add a user, coming from the membership
container, into the role in the AzMan container.

I believe that I should be able to add a user from the membership container
into the roles in Authorization Manager. Does anyone know how I can bridge this?

Regards,

Tony