Hi,

1) What level of support currently there is in AXIS 1.2 for message attachments.

E.g., does it support both DIME and and SwA?

2) WS-I has SOAP attachment profile finalized in August 2004. Does AXIS support SOAP attachment profile: http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/AttachmentsProfile-1.0-2004-08-24.html

3) It seems the W3C's end goal is to support MTOM approach of transfering binary attachments to

SOAP messages, but it seems that this may take some time.

In any case MTOM should in theory be compatible with SOAP attachment profile from MIME

perspective. Also, MTOM is only compatible with SOAP 1.2 and WSDL 1.2 while AXIS 1.2

supports both SOAP 1.1/1.2 and WSDL 1.1.

4) So, really, it seems that commercially from the standpoint of SOAP attachment interoperability

WS-I Attachment Profile (as mentioned in #2) is the only option. However, I am

wondering how can you support DIME from WSE 2.0? Is not DIME on supported

in WSE 1.0?

John Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Do you mean the .NET client side? I have created a similar C# class
for that portion. The C# class has the ability to add attachments for
a client, and to detach them.

As for a Java client, I have only created a method that solves half of
the problem. I think, though, after solving the first half, the
second half should be a trivial thing to create. I will see if I can
make something to contribute next week.

Regards,
John Walker

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:54:53 -0600, Rahul Tripathi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> Is there a way to provide similar functionality on the client side? Using the
> MessageContext does not work unless one adds a Handler on the client.
>

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:04:15 -0800, John Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >

> > I have a spot of code I would like to contribute to the group. This
> > class I developed can be used to detach or attach any file sent over
> > web services.
> > This class is intended for use on the server side, and will need just
> > a little massaging to work in your environment.
> >
> > It took me several painstaking hours to get AXIS to send an attachment
> > to a requesting .NET client, and for .NET to send an attachment to a
> > listening AXIS server. With the help of the Steve Loughran article
> > "Fear of Attachments", and not a little of his code (thanks Steve!), I
> > was able to get .NET clients to utilize files stored on my AXIS web
> > server.
> >
> > Please forgive the Exception handling.
> >
> > To read Steve Loughran's article I referred to, ref:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@xml.apache.org/msg08732.html
> >
> > - John Walker

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! – Get yours free!