I am new to Axis and Web services development. I have however done web development (JSP, Servlets). I also done some web service development in .NET.

I need to create a web service and client and service using Java and I am trying to (need to) use Axis.

I am also using JBOSS to deploy the application.

I have downloaded AXIS-1_1 and set the class path for the jars as instructed. I did not install it as it said that I could just include the .jars in my .war file

I have several WSDL documents on which my webservice I am trying to build, is based on.

I realise I can use the Axis WSDL2Java tool to create proxy and skeleton classes .

But when I try to run the command and get  the exception:

C:\>java org.apache.axis.wsdl

.WSDL2Java MyClient.wsdl

org/apache/commons/di

scovery/tools/DiscoverSingleton

        at

org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:84

)

        at

org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory

.java:80)

        at

org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java

:72)

        at

org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle.<clinit>(ProjectResourceBu

ndle.java:92)

        at

org.apache.axis.i18n.MessagesConstants.<clinit>(MessagesConstants.jav

a:71)

        at org.apache.axis.utils.Messages.<clinit>(Messages.java:75)

        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.<clinit>(WSDL2Java.java:99)

 What do I need to do, where do I need to run this command? Do I need to install Axis on the server and then start the server, before I can run the command?

Any help appreciated.

Marika Ludmann

Marika Ludmann

KTP Associate