Marika Ludmann wrote:

*I am new to Axis and Web services development. I have however done web development (JSP, Servlets). I also done some web service development in .NET.*

* *

* *

*I need to create a web service and client and service using Java and I am trying to (need to) use Axis.*

*I am also using JBOSS to deploy the application.*

* *

* *

*I have downloaded AXIS-1_1 and set the class path for the jars as instructed. I did not install it as it said that I could just include the .jars in my .war file *

* *

* *

*I have several WSDL documents on which my webservice I am trying to build, is based on.*

*I realise I can use the Axis WSDL2Java tool to create proxy and skeleton classes .*

* *

*But when I try to run the command and get  the exception:*

* *

*C:\>java org.apache.axis.wsdl*

* *

*.WSDL2Java MyClient.wsdl*

* *

*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:*

*org/apache/commons/di*

* *

*scovery/tools/DiscoverSingleton*

* *

*        at*

*org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:84*

* *

*)*

* *

*        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)*

* *

*        at*

*org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory*

* *

*.java:80)*

* *

*        at*

*org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java*

* *

*:72)*

* *

*        at*

*org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle.<clinit>(ProjectResourceBu*

* *

*ndle.java:92)*

* *

*        at*

*org.apache.axis.i18n.MessagesConstants.<clinit>(MessagesConstants.jav*

* *

*a:71)*

*        at org.apache.axis.utils.Messages.<clinit>(Messages.java:75)*

* *

*        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.<clinit>(WSDL2Java.java:99)*

* *

* What do I need to do, where do I need to run this command? Do I need to install Axis on the server and then start the server, before I can run the command?*

* *

* *

* *

*Any help appreciated.*