Sure as I can be, its appended above my <title>, so as I understand it my
<xsl:output> def is causing it to appear. Trouble is I've tried many combos
of <xsl:output> in line with my mark-up type and still the meta appears.

Current def;

<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes"
version="1.0" media-type="text/html" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN" doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"/>