On 5/2/07 15:44, "Robin Berjon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 05, 2007, at 12:44, Stuart Brown wrote:
>> Sure as I can be, its appended above my <title>, so as I understand
>> it my
>> <xsl:output> def is causing it to appear. Trouble is I've tried
>> many combos
>> of <xsl:output> in line with my mark-up type and still the meta
>> appears.
>
> Okay, well another question then would be are you sure you want to
> remove it? If it is correct, then it's good practice.

Indeed it is a good thing, problem being that as it's appended before the
<title> tag a small number of search engines grumble when indexing.

Appreciate this is more a problem with the applicable spiders implementation
than anything else, but ideally I'd like to be able to omit-xml-declaration
and place the meta tag in-page myself - keeps everyone happy.