On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 02:13, Matt Sergeant - [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 27-Nov-07, at 9:39 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> OK, so in AxKit continuations are designed for network access (or in
> some cases filesystem access, but basically async I/O), not for what
> some other web application servers call continuations (which is where
> a single page of code seems to work across multiple requests).

What happens atm is a request comes in for a page and my app goes off
and generates the xml from a database. For the current app this is ok,
but for a future one the database access can be slow. It is also one
that isn't async IO.

So, what I thought I'd do is farm out the xml generation to another
server (Net::Server or somesuch rpc server). The rpc
server sits waiting for requests and axkit adds the socket to it's list.
I presumed then that axkit would then process other requests normally
and when the rpc server had finished generating the xml and sent it
back, axkit would automagically carry on from where it left off with
that request.

Thus far I have the Net::Server and it returning xml.
What I haven't got is the continuation stuff. I can probably hack at
it and eventually get it to work, but I'd rather hack in the right
direction from the get go.

John