I have a site that has been running AxKit 1.6.2 for some years now.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there any documentation about the difference between the Axkit 1 and AxKit2? Any how to upgrade, why to upgrade documents?

2. I have troubles with axkit URIs in xslt, but I would really like to use them more to assemble documents from collections of smaller cached handlers/documents

my current setup I'm doing  things like:

  select="document($attachment_uri)/attachments/attachment"

when $attachment_uri is 'axkit:/attachments.xml?tail=8' i get errors on the first request like this:

axkit:/attachments.xml?tail=8:1: at .../lib/perl5/Apache/AxKit/ Language/LibXSLT.pm line 124, <_parse_system_id_FILE_HANDLE> line 32.

a subsequent request will actually work, [ and then is cached. ]

when $attachment_uri is 'http://127.0.0.1/attachments.xml?tail=8' everything works fine.

Would upgrading to 1.7 solve this problem? [ didn't appear so from the changelog but I will probably try it anyhow, got stuck on something else last time I tried.]
should I be upgrading to AxKit 2?

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated.

--fess

--fess