They, the BBC could always use Google Analytics, only takes a few minutes to
set up, its free and the results can be fairly detailed. :)

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, how the site is used, in terms
of text searches, navigation paths - through the site -most popular
pages/videos, would be as interesting as the content of the site itself.

Perhaps this is all available and I just haven't seen it.

Richard