-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jason Cartwright
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:21 AM
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: RE: [backstage] Ad Blocking (was: HD-DVD " how DRM was defeated")

>> Doesn't. Depends whether the ad is good enough for you to click on.
> Not seen one yet - doubt I ever will.

Yet more proof that this list is not indicative of the general internet
users (which is understandable).

Adverts get clicks and people make money from it. LOTS of money - for
instance Google made $1.2bn from Adsense (Google Ads on non-Google
sites) last quarter. This is primarily Pay-Per-Click money, I'd imagine.

Jason

Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/