yeah, me neither. so is it ok to say to someone "you can't have what you
want because even though it's technically possible it is not ethically
possible"? I don't know.

> I suppose the question I should ask you back is, IS there a
> demand for that specific kind of service? We can theorise on
> different ways to implement a time-limited, managed platform
> for content distribution and consumption, but the existing
> systems such as Listen Again work pretty well imo, and pop
> music is so repeated on network radio there's no real need to
> offer timeshifted playback of those kind of shows, you'd be
> creating supply where there is no demand.

I'm not sure, but for particular kinds of music shows e.g. John Peel
(RIP) I think yeah, people would love to be able to have copies of those
kinds of shows to take on their iPods and stuff. But you're right,
Listen Again probably covers it. It's the old chestnut - people who know
how can make their copies but most people will just listen to the stream
so it works even though it kind of shouldn't.