James Cox wrote:

I hope that if this gets past the various layers of governance and gets budget to become a 'real' project, some effort into hooking up into bittorrent (I'm sure Bram could come up with some trickery to have certified users (ie, license fee payers ;)) only which would permit some kind of higher bandwidth product.

I've never really felt comfortable with distributed P2P for content that I've paid for. It's great when bittorrent is used for transfering ubuntu iso's around (as it's members of a community helping others in the same community), it's less great but at least makes some sense when it's used for piracy (as it's still a members of a community helping other members in a community, all be it an illicit one) but when it comes to content that I'm paying somebody to send to me, I don't see why I should waste my upload bandwith for someone else's business model. Even with content from the BBC, I pay the licence fee so why should I pay in bandwidth as well?

Scot