vijay chopra wrote:
On 15/08/07, Andrew Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If a drinks company is giving away a can of drink free at a railway
station (which happens), does that entitle you to go into Sainsburys and
take one without paying for it?

One deprives someone of a tangeable object,
that actually costs something to distribute, the other is data that can, and
is, being distributed virtually for free.

I said this last time, but: bloody hell, let's not start this again. We've been round in circles on this at least four times now and I'm sick of adding mail filters to delete the threads. Please. Can we talk about APIs, or data dumps, or mashups, or something like that, rather than rehashing the same old arguments that (as has been proven) won't change the minds of those disagree?

On that subject: could there be any programmatic way of submitting corrections to the BBC's INFAX catalogue? Right now, the only way is a feedback form that doesn't seem to be checked. I've got at least four entries in the catalogue, and I can see other people I know who have a similar amount; it's wonderful data, but there has to be a better way to submit known corrections (subject to approval, of course)...

-- Tom