Jem,

is it me? does the iplayer have any accessibility features yet?

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet

On 2 Nov 2007, at 10:43, Jeremy Stone wrote:

>Whether it was deliberately misleading I couldn't say. I suppose my opinion will >depend on whether he corrects himself or lets the misunderstanding stand. It
>was certainly a derogatory remark to make about the size and implied
>importance/relevance of the linux community.

Ashley now contributes to the BBC Internet team(s) group blog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/ which launched this week.
We've asked him to share more detail about the source of the figures as obviously its been mentioned on this list and in a few other blogs/forums over the last couple of days. He's putting together a round up post of the comments following the reaction to his interviews/podcast this week.
for later today i think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2007/10/its_good_to_talk.html

"a sister blog to the existing Editors' blogs for News and Sport. A place where we, senior staff from BBC Future Media teams will talk about issues raised by you about the technology behind bbc.co.uk, our mobile services and the BBC's presence on the internet."

Jem