Brian Butterworth wrote:
On 14/02/2008, David Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Brian Butterworth wrote:
Any chance you could get it to plug into the Windows Meda Center?  Not
having MHEG is a bit annoying.
I can't say because I don't have Windows Media Centre.  Although the
MHEG engine in Myth is a more-or-less independent library there is the
need for a "glue" module that does things like producing the screen
image in a form required by the Myth on-screen-display code and picking
up key/remote-control presses.  Does Windows Media Centre have support
for DSMCC?  If not you're going to have to add that first.

It would appear so, it seems to be part of DirectX9.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/directx9_c_Summer_03/directX/htm/dsmcc_section.asp

That just gives the layout of the header of a DSM-CC section (table) when it is sent as part of an MPEG stream. There is some example code that shows how to extract it from the stream:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/directx9_c/directx/htm/gettingmpeg2psitables.asp

I could not find any reference to any code within Direct X which actually takes these sections and builds the carousel. You could adapt the DSMCC code in Myth. Since it, along with the MHEG code, are open source you can use them in any way that's compatible with GPL.

David.