Hello,

I'm having a hard time here excluding stuff starting with the next backup.

The problem is the disk containing the pools is not large enough to host more full backups. But we don't want to touch our retention policy for now, so we are trying to exclude some things starting now.
But it's not working, details below:

An example/lab:
Let's say we add /path/to/exclusion to the exclusion list.
In this example 2845 is the last full, and I'm trying to do another full which is going to be 2846. However 2846 seems to be populated with the content from 2845 (including the stuff I have excluded). It looks like it's first copying all the stuff from 2845 (even the excluded path) and then later tries to remove it again from 2846. Which is also taking forever in the original example as it's a directory tree with millions of files. Also in the original example the disk isn't large enough, so we're not even making it to that stage.

How do I actually exclude a path from the next backup, such that it is not even temporarily created?
I.e. such that the disk doesn't fill up AND such that it is fast.

Thanks,
Marki