Dear Arthur,
thank you very much for your list of Falckenhagen's works.

Indeed the matter is very confusing, as there are many historical anouncements in newspapers then (of which I don't have copies; J. Domning reports them) and the title page of "Opera Nuovo" doesn't give any opus number.

Anyway I think, that it is possible, even probable, that the "Opera Nuovo" are the same as "Opera IV", as they bear a very low plate number of Haffner. The have the "III", as you also point out. This is even more probable, because of the fact - I hope not to have missed a thing -, that no other ensemble works beside op. III+IV had been announced.

Op. 5 is a missing print of sonatas for solo lute and doesn't have to do anything with "Opera nuovo" (to correct a misleading sentence by myself, which also might have increased the confusion).

Best regards
Markus