So what music is this?
   http://www.classicalarchives.com/work/919718.html
   Chris
   [1]Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

     At May 9, 2015, 4:11:43 AM, Markus Lutz<'mar...@gmlutz.de'> wrote:

   Dear Arthur,
   thank you very much for your list of Falckenhagen's works.
   Indeed the matter is very confusing, as there are many historical
   anouncements in newspapers then (of which I don't have copies; J.
   Domning reports them) and the title page of "Opera Nuovo" doesn't give
   any opus number.
   Anyway I think, that it is possible, even probable, that the "Opera
   Nuovo" are the same as "Opera IV", as they bear a very low plate number
   of Haffner. The have the "III", as you also point out.
   This is even more probable, because of the fact - I hope not to have
   missed a thing -, that no other ensemble works beside op. III+IV had
   been announced.
   Op. 5 is a missing print of sonatas for solo lute and doesn't have to
   do
   anything with "Opera nuovo" (to correct a misleading sentence by
   myself,
   which also might have increased the confusion).
   Best regards
   Markus
   Am 09.05.2015 um 00:39 schrieb AJN:
   > Dear Markus and Peter,
   > Perhaps I might belatedly add some additional information from a
   source
   > I should have consulted when we discussed these
   > works, Peter. It is a bit confusing, and even expert music catalogers
   > and bibliographers have been lead astray.
   > Beginning in the 16th century and for many centuries thereafter
   > Leipzig hosted an Easter book fair.
   > For each year a published catalog listed the new works and revised
   > works, including music, which
   > were available for purchase from dealers at the fair.
   > The catalogs are a valuable bibliographical tool for matters such as
   > ours.
   > For nearly a century, from 1664 until 1759, the Leipzig firm of
   Johann

   .

   .

   --